Sunday, December 28, 2014

There will be lies by Nick Lake

Posted by Paranormalangelblog at Sunday, December 28, 2014

Syposis

In four hours, Shelby Jane Cooper will be struck by a car.

Shortly after, she and her mother will leave the hospital and set out on a winding journey toward the Grand Canyon.

All Shelby knows is that they’re running from dangers only her mother understands. And the further they travel, the more Shelby questions everything about her past—and her current reality. Forced to take advantage of the kindness of unsuspecting travelers, Shelby grapples with what’s real, what isn’t, and who she can trust . . . if anybody.

Award-winning author Nick Lake proves his skills as a master storyteller in this heart-pounding new novel. This emotionally charged thrill ride leads to a shocking ending that will have readers flipping back to the beginning.

ISBN:9781408856000
Imprint:Bloomsbury

Review

I was lucky enough to be given a ARC of there will be lies.  After reading the blurb I wasn't 100% sure on whether this would be something that I would get into and as I started to read the installation couple of chapters I wasnt quite get into it. Then as I read a particular sentence everything seem to fall into place and I found my self being pulled into the story.

There Will Be Lies contains a mixes of some pretty shocking and serious subject matter with magical realism to make a truly unique book. With characters that are so three dimensional, mysterious and intriguing. 

Given the nature of the story line, I feel like things were written in a way that you are able to understand and be part of  the story . There is honest so much about this book that I wish I could tell you about but the only way to do that is to throw in loads of spoilers.

It's one of those books that you will be blown away by but find it difficult to  tell people about without giving the story away.

Nick Lake has created a powerful novel in There Will Be Lies,  it packs one hell of a punch and it makes for some very interesting reading. With  the fact that things aren't all that they seem.

I loved the way Lake wrote this book. It feels like Shelby is talking to you directly. Shelby is a strong female heroine with a element that I have not seen in any YA fiction to date,  but it is something that I would like to see more of . I also loved seeing how She dealt with everything that came her way and how the world around her reacted to her.

I absolutely enjoyed the magical folk lore  elements of the story. Coyote,  Elk and Crone.

This is a must read  for 2015. Order your copy today.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Paranormal Angel Blog Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos